The Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute is Australia's home of heart research. Utilising world best technology, the Institute is renowned for the quality of its scientific breakthroughs in its pursuit to discover better ways to diagnose, treat and prevent cardiovascular disease.
As a not-for-profit medical research facility in operation for over 27 years, the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute has delivered world-class research which has produced many ground-breaking discoveries and helped improve the lives of people worldwide. If you want to take your career to the next level and make a real difference by collaborating with some of the best scientific minds in the medical research sector, look no further.
Your next career opportunity
An exciting opportunity has become available for a WHS Officer to join our team on a full-time basis. Reporting to the Scientific Services & WHS Manager the position will also work closely with the Facilities Engineering Manager, Head, Human Resources, Legal & Governance Manager, and the WHS Committee. The role will interact with all research and operational staff and a range of external stakeholders including our precinct partners (including Garvan Institute and St Vincent's hospital), UNSW WHS staff, other medical research institutes, SafeWork NSW, training providers, consultants and legal advisors.
What we will trust you with
- Provide ongoing management of the WHS Management System
- Maintain the Institute's Risk Register
- Ensure that VCCRI is compliant with relevant WHS legislation and relevant Standards
- Achieve workplace health, safety objectives and legislative compliance
- Develop reports regarding workplace health, safety and quality performance and initiatives
- Promote the Institute's WHS Framework to all relevant stakeholder
Does this sound like you?
- Relevant qualifications (diploma or degree) in WHS
- 2+ years WHS experience; previous experience within a laboratory, science or research organisation will be highly regarded
- Sound knowledge in Workplace Health Safety and other relevant legislation, regulations, standards and codes of practice
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring a WHS Management System, including supporting plans, policies, procedures and guidelines
- Experience in compiling WHS reports, lead indicators and performance metrics against strategic plans to leadership teams
- The ability to build strong and effective working relationships at all levels of the Institute
- Experience with SolvSafety
- Experience in audits to either ISO AS/NZS 45001 or AS/NZS 4801
What you will be proud of
Being part of an Institute that is not only dedicated to finding cures for cardiovascular disease, but one that also strives to ensure our employees and students enjoy a great working environment. We value and are committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces diversity, gender equity and promote flexible working arrangements for all employees. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. We also welcome applicants with diverse educational backgrounds, professional knowledge, personality types, thinking styles and life experiences. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
What we offer
- A collaborative, innovative and supportive culture
- State of the art research equipment
- Salary packaging
- Paid parental leave
- Learning and development opportunities
Come and work with us & help make a difference.
For further information about this role, please get in contact with our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit a cover letter and a CV for this position.