Heart Health Check Lead
Reporting to: Heart Health Check Manager
Are you passionate about making a difference in cardiovascular health? Here's your chance to be part of an impactful team. Due to a significant uptick in interest from our clients and partner organisations during the month of March 2024, we're set to host a series of events aimed at promoting heart health across New South Wales. To meet the increasing demand, we are actively recruiting three additional Heart Health Check Leads to join our team based in Sydney, New South Wales.
The Heart Health Check Lead will be responsible for performing mobile heart health checks at our partnered events, engaging with members of the public to perform health assessments. In particular, the Heart Health Check Lead will:
- Act as a concierge: setting up station, greeting participants and assisting them with filling out the required forms, answering participant questions.
- Measuring blood pressure, blood sugar, and cholesterol levels.
- Provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of their heart health, discreetly offering guidance on lifestyle modifications to minimise cardiovascular risks.
This is a casual role, around 10-38 hours a week for the month of March, 2024, with a possibility to continue into an ongoing casual contract. Weekend availability is essential.
As the face of our world-renowned Institute, we are seeking a candidate who thrives in engaging and fostering positive interactions with diverse members of the public. We are looking for highly motivated individuals with exceptional interpersonal skills, capable of representing our values and mission with enthusiasm and professionalism.
If you are passionate about heart health/public health, making a positive impact, and building connections, we look forward to receiving your application.
Does this sound like you?
- Highly motivated and very reliable
- Capable of working and troubleshooting issues independently
- Friendly and approachable with excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Flexibility with the days, times, and hours per week you are available to work.
- Experience with measuring blood pressure, blood sugar, and cholesterol along with a good understanding of healthy lifestyle factors and heart health.
- Certificate III in Health Services Assistance or a similar qualification.
- Current unrestricted NSW driver's licence.
The Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute (the Institute) is dedicated to finding cures for cardiovascular disease and is one of the most respected heart research facilities in the world. Renowned for the quality of its breakthroughs, the Institute was established in 1994 and has grown to a team of more than 200 researchers from around the globe, working across five divisions.
A global centre-of-excellence, it integrates Cardiac Physiology and Transplantation, Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, Molecular Cardiology and Biophysics, Structural and Computational Biology, as well as Vascular Biology. At the Institute, we translate our discoveries into new diagnostics, prevention, and treatment of cardiovascular disease - reducing the incidence, severity, and impact of heart disease.
What you will be proud of
Being part of an Institute that is not only dedicated to finding cures for cardiovascular disease, but one that also strives to ensure our employees and students enjoy a great working environment. We value and are committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces diversity, gender equity and promote flexible working arrangements for all employees.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. We also welcome applicants with diverse educational backgrounds, professional knowledge, personality types, thinking styles and life experiences. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
What we offer
- Salary packaging/sacrificing (up to $15,900 per annum plus $2,650 for meals and entertainment)
- State of the art facilities
- Stimulating work setting focused on cutting edge medical research
- Collaborative team environment
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
Early applications are encouraged, we are reviewing and conducting interviews on a rolling basis upon receiving applications.
Come and work with us & help make a difference.