1 x permanent fulltime
1 x 12 month parental leave contract fulltime
The Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute is Australia's home of heart research. Utilising world best technology, the Institute is renowned for the quality of its scientific breakthroughs in its pursuit to discover better ways to diagnose, treat and prevent cardiovascular disease.
As a not-for-profit medical research facility in operation for over 27 years, the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute has delivered world-class research which has produced many ground-breaking discoveries and helped improve the lives of people worldwide. If you want to take your career to the next level and make a real difference by collaborating with some of the best scientific minds in the medical research sector, look no further.
The Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute maintains facilities for genetically modified rodents, where a high quality of animal care is coupled with excellent services for research.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual with a keen interest and experience in research animals to join our team.
As an experienced Animal Technician, you will work as part of a skilled and dedicated team who provide support for research into cardiac disease and development.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Animal care including provision of food, water and clean housing materials
- Animal husbandry including management of breeding colonies
- Liaising with researchers to optimise the health and welfare of animals under study
- Working with the team to ensure efficient facility operation
- Maintenance and operation of washing and sterilising equipment
- Maintenance of clean environments, including materials and equipment
- Compliance with regulations concerning animal ethics, gene technology and Work, Health & Safety
- Keeping accurate records of breeding and animal usage
You are an enthusiastic and motivated individual with a passion for animal care. You are committed to progressing your career in the laboratory animal field and interested in gaining skills and experience in a research facility setting. You have excellent attention to detail and are comfortable with electronic record management and email communications.
We would like to meet you if you have:
- Tertiary qualifications in laboratory animal science, Biological Science or a related field
- Prior experience in working in animal research facilities
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency
What you will be proud of
Being part of an Institute that is not only dedicated to finding cures for cardiovascular disease, but one that also strives to ensure our employees and students enjoy a great working environment. We value and are committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces diversity, gender equity and promote flexible working arrangements for all employees. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. We also welcome applicants with diverse educational backgrounds, professional knowledge, personality types, thinking styles and life experiences. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
What we offer:
- A collaborative, innovative and supportive culture
- State of the art research equipment
- Salary packaging
- Paid parental leave
- Learning and development opportunities
Come and work with us & help make a difference.
For further information about this role, please get in contact with our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit a cover letter and a CV for this position.
There is no closing date for these positions. We are reviewing and interviewing as applications are received.